Monday, June 30, 2008

What a whacky weekend!!!

I'd like to Thank each and everyone of you for your nice comments and prayers! I know I'll get through it,one day at a time!!!! You guys keep my spirits up,you help me sooooo much and I appreciate that tremendously!

Now for our whacky weekend...we went to our get away camp in the rain of course. Gee whiz I can't wait to get sun without rain!!!! On friday night it rained all night so it was a movie night which was ok. Then on saturday it was still drizzling all day,went to visit my niece a bit in the afternoon,then went back to our camp to have dinner. Of course it was still raining so I told DH,
let's just have sandwich and salad,cuz it he would of got caught in the rain to BBQ.
So we had dinner,we watched more movies,but I always fall asleep watching movies,especially when my tummy is full. So I snoozed for about 40 minutes,just a little power snooze.

Then the fun began, my DH went to get up to go the washroom,his back gave out,he almost fell to the floor. What the heck is that he says,I didn't do anything all day!!!! So he took some tylenol 3 (which he has prescribed for other health issues) that didn't help. Then he tried a muscle relaxant,that didn't help. Anyways,to make a long story short,we stayed at the camp overnight,but on sunday we had to go to the ER.This pain he had was just getting worse!!!

So we got there at 4pm,they took a urine test to see if it was kidney stones,and nope it didn't show that in the test. So they gave him 4 shots for pain in 3 hours,still in pain. The dr just didn't know what to do,so he gave him a suppository for the pain,and that helped for a few hrs.

Fianlly at 1 am they told me to go home that they would keep him over night and do a catscan in the morning. So I went back at 8am and then we had to wait for it results,and sure enough it was kidney stones,but very small ones so he has to drink lots of fluids to make them pass.

Poor him he is in so much pain,it's easier for us ladies,that's when I'm happy to be a woman. I can just imagine how painful that will be when they do pass!!!! So now I have to take care of him,which is a big switch cuz he's always the one taking care of me. It's a good thing we're not sick at the same time cuz then we'd really be in trouble!

So when he's sleeping I'll try to visit your blogs, hope you all have a great day!!!!



April said...

Oh no Diane - seems like when it rains it pours. Hope he can pass those soon, I have heard that it's the worst pain for a man! Take care of yourself too, don't run yourself thin and then find yourself in the hospital too.

Take care and we of course will be here if you need a break. Keep us updated too!


Bonnie said...

Yikes, if it's not one thing it is another!! Those are NOT nice things - so I hear! Hope he is better soon! {prayers}

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness girl! I am just so glad you two have each other! Please take care of the guy of yours and give him a hug from me...a complete stranger...LOL! :o)

Lauri said...

oh no! I hope he passes them soon! keep us posted!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh my goodness Diane!! You certainly have a lot on your plate....just know that lots of hugs and prayers are coming your way since I can't do anything else to help!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Goodness you sure didn't need that kind of weekend. Anyway Happy Canada Day Diane. You and DH just take it easy and enjoy your holiday. Sending big hugs, Pat

Julie Koerber said...

Well, now I am going to have to keep YOU and YOUR hubby in my prayers!! I guess that camping trip was doomed from the get go! Hopefully you both can get some R&R together today and feel a bit better! Big hugs to you!

Dani said...

Oh no! That is awful. My DH has had stones before, it was miserable! Big hugs to you both!

Annie said...

Yikes, I can imagine what it must feel like when those tiny little bastards move their way out... Give him my best!


Debby said...

Prayers for you both Diane. My Dad has kidney stones often and sometimes surgery for them to put in a stent to pass them. Poor guy they are so miserable. He has even had to have them scooped out. He gets huge ones though.
Good luck to dh and hope he passes them easily.
Angel hugs and prayers

My Paper World said...

Oh my goodness Diane!
I hope that your Hubby is feeling better soon!
Nicola xx

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh my word Diane!!! I hope they pass quickly and easily...well as easily as possible I guess!!! Poor Guy!!! Be sure to take care of yourself too! Don't get too worn down!! HUGS!

Maria said...

Oooowweee! I'm sorry to hear that your DH is in so much pain. I can imagine how painful it must be. . .well, not really because I've never had kidney stones but I imagine it must be painful!

I hope he feels better soon and hopefully, the stones will shrink in size.

Take care!!


Anonymous said...

You poor sweetie!! I am just getting caught up on my blogstalking and found out what has been going on with you. Girlfriend, you need some lovin!!!! I left a comment on your last post. I sure hope hubby passes them stones soon so he can get on to enjoying life again. I posted your sweet card on my site. Thank you so much for that!

Kristine said...

OH NO!! Sorry to hear that. But, sorry to tell ya that women get kidney stones as well :( My mom has had them twice - several years apart. She just went in 2 weeks ago and had surgery--they blasted one and she too had to drink lots and lots of fluids. She's fine now and never felt them pass (they were tiny enough). Well, hopefully he's much better now.

HEY! Thanks so much for your comment on my Cuddly Buddly card. If you email me your addy, I'll stammp some for you!

Janine said...

I hope your hubby is better soon and thanks for visiting my site. I appreciate all your wonderful comments. Have a great day!!

Rose Ann said...

I am so sorry about your DH's kidney stones! If he hasn't passed them yet, I hope he does soon! Hugs!

Shannon McGann said...

Oh no! I hope the stones pass soon. Poor guy. Take care of yourself and him! I'll keep praying. :)